AIIMS PG 2019 Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi conducts the AIIMS PG entrance exam for admission to postgraduate medical courses like MD/MS/MDS/DM/M.Ch. It is a national level entrance exam. On the basis of this entrance exam, students can get admission in the affiliated colleges of AIIMS. AIIMS conducts this examination twice in a year. This exam is to be conducted twice a year first, it will be conducted in January session and the second it will be in July session. Check all the details about AIIMS PG 2019 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, in the article below etc.
AIIMS PG 2019 Important Dates
For January Session
|Online registration starts||September 2018|
|Registration closes on||September 2018|
|Releases of Admit card||October 2018|
|Entrance Exam on||November 2018|
|Declaration of Result||November 2018|
|1st counseling||December 2018|
|2nd counseling||December 2018|
|Open Counselling||February 2019|
For July Session
|Online registration starts||March 2019|
|Registration closes on||March 2019|
|Releases of Admit card||April 2019|
|Entrance Exam on||May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||May 2019|
|1st counseling||June 2019|
|2nd counseling||June 2019|
|Open Counselling||August 2019|
AIIMS PG 2019 Application Form
The application form can be submitted through online mode. Register for the online registration. Applicants are suggested to fill the application form before the due date. Students can select the city of examination of their choice. No correction will be permitted in application form once the form is submitted and fill all details carefully
- A student must belong to the Indian national.
- Students must hold the Degree in MBBS for MD/MS and BDS Degree for MDS recognized by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India with securing minimum marks of 50% for SC/ST students and 55% aggregate marks for General candidates.
- The student must complete the 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st January 2019.
- Then their training must be completed on or before 30th July 2019, if the student will apply for July session.
- For SC/ST students, the application fee is Rs. 800/-.
- The application fee for UR/OBC students is Rs. 1000/-.
- The application fee can be submitted through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
- OPH students are exempted from the payment of application fee.
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Pattern
- Online mode (CBT) exam
- For MD, total 200 questions will be asked.
- For MS, total 200 questions will be asked.
- For MDS, total 90 questions will be asked.
- The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions type (MCQ).
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes for MD/MS and it will be of 90 minutes for MDS.
- For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and 1/3 marks will be deducted for the each wrong answer.
AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card
- The Admit card will be downloaded from the website.
- Students can avail the admit card for January session in October 2018.
- Admit card for July session will be available from in April 2019.
- Admit card will contain all important instructions regarding the exam.
AIIMS PG 2019 Result
- The final result will be available on the website.
- The Result for January session will be published on November 2018.
- July session result will be announced in the May 2019.
- The notification regarding result will not be intimated on the telephone or by post to any student.
AIIMS PG 2019 Counselling
- On the day of counseling, candidates have to come along with one photo copy of their registration slip and other original documents,.
- The counselling will be conducted in three rounds.
- The admission will be completely based on the entrance examination.
- In December 2018 there might be the first counselling round.
- For filling the vacant seats, the third round of counselling will be held as open counselling.
For more information click here