AP Ed CET 2019: Notification, Online Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Fill AP Ed CET Application Form 2019
AP Ed CET is the state entrance test for the admission in the course of B. Ed. regular course. The admission is offered in the various colleges and institutions present in the state of Andhra Pradesh. This common entrance test is conducted by the Sri Venkateswara University. The university conducts the admission test on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. The detailed information for important dates, eligibility, application form, application procedure, exam pattern and syllabus is available here.
Release of the Andhra Pradesh Ed CET 2019 notification: Second week of February 2019
Beginning of filling online application form: III week of February 2019
Last date for the submission of online application form: III week of March 2019
Last date for the submission of online application form with the payment of late fees of RS 500: III week of March 2019 to II week of April 2019
Release of Admit card: II week of April 2019
Exam Date: III Week of April 2019
Declaration of result: I week of May 2019
The candidates who wish to appear for the written exam of AP Ed CET must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- he/she must be Indian Nationals
- The applicant must be the domicile of the state of Andhra Pradesh
- Candidates must have passed the Graduation Exam in any of the streams in Science/Arts/ Commerce. The final year appearing candidates can also apply for the AP Ed. CET 2019. But at the time of admission in the course of B. Ed., they should present the passing certificate of Graduation.
- The minimum aggregate marks obtained in BBM/ BCA/ B. Com./ B. Sc. (Home Science)/ B. Sc./ B.A. should be 50%. However, in the case of reserved category, the candidates need to score only minimum 40% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s Degree.
- However, the candidates with post graduate degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have the degree of Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering with the subjects of Physics and Mathematics are eligible to apply for Bachelor of Education.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 19 years as on 1st July 2019. However, there is no limit on the upper age limit of candidate.
The exam will consists of objective type cum multiple questions type. The duration of the exam is 2 hours for solving 150 questions of different sections.
Part-A: General English – 25 questions for 1 mark for each question
Part-B: 1) General Knowledge – 15 questions 1 mark for each question
2) Teaching Aptitude – 10 questions for 1 mark for each question
Part-C: Methodology: Candidate has to choose one among the following subjects. It consists of
100 questions and this section will be of total 100 marks
1) Mathematics – 100 questions and 1 mark for each question
2) Physical Sciences – 100 questions and 1 mark for each question
(i) Physics – 50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Chemistry – 50 questions for 50 marks
3) Biological Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Botany – 50 questions and 1 mark for each question
(ii) Zoology – 50 questions and 1 mark for each question
4) Social Studies – 100 questions and 1 mark for each question
(i) Geography – 35 questions and 1 mark for each question
(ii) History – 30 questions and 1 mark for each question
(iii) Civics – 15 questions and 1 mark for each question
(iv) Economics – 20 questions and 1 mark for each question
5) English – 100 questions and 1 mark for each question
The medium of language in entrance test will be Telugu and English.
Eligibility Criteria for Part C
- Mathematics: Candidates with B.A/B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group Subjects or B.C.A. candidate’s with Mathematics at intermediate level
- Biological Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science)
who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc. who studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences
- English:L he/she must have completed Bachelor of Arts in English
- Social Studies: He/she must have completed the Bachelor Degree of Arts, Science or Commerce.
Procedure for online application form
It should be noted that only online application forms will be submitted. There is no chance of submission of offline applications. Fees once paid as application fees will not be refunded back to the applicant under any circumstances. The candidates of the general category will pay Rs 600 as application fees. However, the candidates of the reserved category will pay RS 400 as application fees. The application fees will be paid through AP Online Payment Gateway that is Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
As all the application will be filled and submitted through online mode only. Therefore, the interested applicants will visit the official website www.sche.ap.gov.in/edcet to fill the application form. The candidates must submit the application form within the scheduled frame of time. After passing the last date for the submission of online application form, they have to pay the late fees for the submission of application form.
The candidates must know that committee of Common Entrance Test has every right to reject the application form of the candidate in the following cases:
- incomplete application
- fail to fulfil the eligibility criteria
- if any of the information is found to be incorrect and false.
The applicant must keep the admit cards till the end of submission.
Part A: General English
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech
and Indirect Speech
2. Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Spelling, Tenses.
- Vocabulary, Antonyms,Synonyms
- Reading Comprehension.
Part B: General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
- India and its neighbouring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research
- Teaching ability related topics
- Mathematics (MS)
2. Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
4. Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
For more informtion Click Here