Fill Forest Officer Admission Application Form 2018
Forest Officer is a job in which the candidate holds the responsibility to guard the forest against poaching and destroying of flora and fauna. His responsibility lies under its jurisdiction area of service. There are many candidates who are interested in this job profile. The candidates have much competition in this discipline too like other disciplines. It is a very hard working job. The candidates have to pass the entrance tests to get their desired career.
Eligibility for Forest Officer Admission
The candidates must possess the degree of graduation to get the job of Indian Forest Services Officer. The degree of graduation must be with the following subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science. The candidates can also have the degree of Engineering either in agriculture or forestry. He/she can also have the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery.
Apart from the educational qualification, there is also the criteria for age too. The age limit lies in between 21 years – 30 years. There is relaxation for the age for the reserved category of candidates. The candidates of OBC Category will get relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit. Whereas the candidates of the SC/ST category will have relaxation of 5 years.
How to apply for Indian Forest Officer
There are few simple steps to become the Indian Forest Officer. These steps are as follows:
- The interested candidates will get the application form for The Indian Forest Officer from one of the following centers:
- Head Post Offices
- Post Offices
- The completely filled application will be sent to the following address:
- The Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, New Delhi-110011
- The notice for the release of the IFS Application form will release in the leading newspapers or Employment news.
- Generally, in the month of May Preliminary exam takes place. It has 2 papers:
- General STudies = 150 marks
- Optional Subject = 300 marks
- Animal Husbandry
- Electrical Engineering
- Indian History
- Civil Engineering
- After passing the preliminary exam, the candidates will appear for the main exam.
- Then, the candidates who will be able to pass the main exam will go for the interview round.
Carrer Prospects of IFS
After selection, the candidates can get the following posts:
- Director General of Forests
- Principal CHief Conservator of Forests
- Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
- Chief Conservator of Forests
- Conservator of Forests
- Deputy Conservators of Forests
- Assistant Conservator of Forests