GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria 2018 for candidates who want to appear in the GATE. Candidates must eligible for appearing in the exam otherwise they have no permission to appear in the GATE 2018 Entrance Exam. IIT Guwahati (IITG) has launched official website for GATE 2018 entrance exam, online registration. Applicant must satisfy the candidates which were set by the organization authority. The applicant who fulfils all GATE eligibility standard like GATE age limit, GATE eligibility marks, and percentage etc. will be must to apply for the GATE 2018 application form. In this article, we are mention all the details about the eligibility criteria for getting admission in GATE.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018, will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) rotational state & Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Bangalore. Every year GATE Entrance Exam will be organized by the IITs.In 2017 the GATE exam was organized by IIT Kanpur. The applicant can appear for GATE 2018 Online Test. Every year students appearing is increasing for the GATE, the number of applicants is increasing every year, approx 12 lakh applicants will be taken the GATE 2018 examination. And the GATE Scholarship is also increased by Rs. 4400 from 2018.
GATE 2018 Age limit
There is no upper limit and lower limit age and the applicant are eligible after completing the Bachelor Degree. No age limit for GATE entrance exam 2018. Applicant who are waiting for the UG degree result can apply for GATE Entrance Exam 2018.
GATE 2018 Eligibility Marks
Applicant must get the above marks then the cut-off or equal to cut-off marks.
* The total question 65 Objective Type Questions of Total 100 Marks.
* Each question contains only one correct answer.
* MCQ contains one or two marks each.
* In GATE Entrance Exam, no sectional cut off is providing.
* In General Aptitude (GA), the number of questions is 10 which are compulsory and it carries 15 marks and this section is necessary for all the applicants and General Aptitude questions are common for all applicants. 5 Questions carry 1 Mark & 5 Questions carry 2 Mark the total marks is 15.
- General Aptitude carries 15% of the Total marks.
- Engineering Mathematics carries 15% of the Total marks.
- Engineering Mathematics carries15% of the Total marks.
- Technical Subject carries 70% of the Total marks.
- 1/3 marks are deducted for 1 Mark Question for an incorrect answer.
- 2/3 mark is deducted for 2 Mark Question for an incorrect answer.
- For Unattempted Question, there will be no marks.
- For numerical type question, there will be no negative marking.
- Question 1 to 25 – One Mark each & Negative Marking deduct 1/3rd.
- Question 26 to 55 – Two Mark each & Negative Marking deduct 2/3rd.
- Question 56 to 65 – General Aptitude (15 Mark) & Negative Marking of 1/3rdfor One marks & 2/3rd for two marks.
GATE 2018 Education Qualification
- The applicant must have a Bachelor Degree B.Tech/ B.E./B.Pharm/ B.Arch from a prestigious University.
- BSc. Research from reputed University.
- The candidates having Master’s Degree in from any stream Mathematics/ Science/ Computer or equivalent or Statistics or Five years B.S. / M.S. Progam or M.Tech or M.E. after BSc. candidate can also apply for GATE Entrance Exam.
- The candidate appearing in the final year of qualifying exam in a recognized University can also apply for GATE entrance exam he/she have to submit the certificate from the Principal of University or College.
- The applicant, who have passed the qualifying examination, have to submit their certificate or degree certificate or caste category certificate.
- Diploma students are not eligible for the examination.
|Qualification Required||Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc. Research/B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|M. Sc./M.A./MCA orequivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2010|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integratedB. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section An or equivalent of such professionalcourses||NA|
GATE 2018 Percentage Required
- In the GATE 2018 entrance exam, the candidate gets Percentage Score validity was 2 yrs. (till GATE 2014) and it is 3 yrs. from GATE 2018 onwards.
- The GATE score is also required for several Indian Public Sector units.
- By thecomputerisedd process, ORS is assessed, scanned machine is used and no re-evaluation is done.
- The validity of GATE 2018 score card will be for 3years.
GATE 2018 Helpline
GATE 2018 helpline for supports student for best guidance, and for clearing their doubts and for the entrance exam related details etc. are provided, contact number is given applicant can contact on the given number and found all information about the GATE Entrance Exam 2018. We assure you to satisfy with our service.
Phone No: 0361-258-6500
Email: [email protected]
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2018
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati