Indian Institute of Science Admission 2018 will be given on the basis of Student’s performance in National Level Qualifying Exam. IISc doesn’t conduct any entrance exam for the admission. There are various courses UG, PG, Ph.D., Research courses which IISc is offering. Below in this article, we will be providing you all the details on IISC Admission 2018, IISc Admission 2018 Application Form, IISc Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria, IISc Admission 2018 Selection procedure and much more.
IISc Admission 2018
IISc will conduct any entrance exam for admission to its courses. Students can roll into these courses on the basis of the National Level Qualifying exams. The admission procedure for the PG and Result Courses will begin in April and May 2018 whereas for the UG Courses, the admission procedure will start in June 2018. The date of Commencement of Classes is 1st August 2018. So, for complete details on the IISc Admission 2018 go through the complete article. Also, view the IISc Admission Modes 2018.
IISc Admission 2018 Dates
View the complete IISc Admission 2018 Date Schedule below:
For UG Admission:
|Event Name||IISc UG Admission 2018|
|Application Form Filling Start Date||1st February 2018|
|Last Date to Fill Application Form||30th April 2018|
|Last Date of Uploading the Score of KVPY/ NEET/ IIT-JEE (Advanced)/ IIT-JEE (Main)||Within a week of Result Declaration|
|Date of Reporting on IISc||24th July 2018|
For PG Admission:
|Event Name||IISc PG Admission 2018|
|Application Form Filling Start Date||1st February 2018|
|Last Date to Fill Application Form||26th March 2018|
|Last Date for receipt submission of Application Form||28th March 2018|
|Last Date of Upload the score of Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/UGC NET for JRF/ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/JEST Examinations||30th April 2018|
|M.Tech Interview Schedule||16th May 2018|
|M.Tech Interview Schedule for Sponsored Programme by Defence and DRDO||17th – 18th May 2018|
|N. Mgt Programme (Regular)||16th to 18th April 2018|
|Aptitude Test & Interview for M.Tech / M.Des Programme (Regular)||14th to 16th May 2018|
|Interview Schedule for Interdisciplinary Programmes||19th & 20th May 2018|
|Interview Schedule for Research Programme||21st to 25th May 2018|
|Interview Schedule for Integrated Ph.D. Programmes||28th to 30 May 2018|
|Date of Reporting at IISc for Sponsored and Regular Programmes||24th July 2018|
|Date of Reporting at IISc for Research Programmes||25th July 2018|
|Date of Reporting at IISc for Integrated Ph.D. Programmes and ERP||26th July 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||1st August 2018|
IISc Admission 2018 Application Form
The IISc Admission 2018 Application Form will be out for filling from 1st February 2018. So, all the students can fill the Application Form through the official website. You can apply for admission on through the official website. Scroll down to view the steps to fill IISc Application Form 2018.
Steps to Fill IISc Application Form 2018
- Open the official website of IISc.
- Now, create a student account on the official website through your email address.
- Now, click on Fill IISc Application Form 2018.
- Fill the Application Form with all the details correctly and upload the necessary documents such as Passport Size Photograph, Signature etc.
- Now, deposit the Application Form Fees via Debit/ Credit Card/ Netbanking etc.
- Check the application form once again after complete filling and Click on Submit Application Form.
- Save the acknowledgment slip for future reference.
IISc Application Form Fees 2018
Students can pay the IISc Application Form Fees 2018 through their Credit/ Visa/ Debit Card/ Netbanking etc, as per the convenience. View the category wise IISc Application Form Fees 2018 below.
- For General/ OBC Candidates: Rs 500/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates: Rs 250/-
- For General/ OBC Candidates: Rs 800/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates: Rs 400/-
- Fee for all category ERP Candidates: Rs 2000/-
IISc Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All the students who are seeking Admission to the IISc must fulfill its eligibility criteria. View the course wise IISc Eligibility Criteria below:
For UG Course Admission:
- Applying Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with minimum 60% Marks in it.
- Appearing students can also apply for Admission.
- Applying candidate must have qualified KVPY/JEE Main/ JEE Advance or NEET.
For M.Tech Admission:
- Applying candidate must hold a graduation degree in the field of Engineering/ Technology.
- Applying Student must possess a valid GATE 2016/2017/2018 Scorecard as on 1st August 2018.
For M.Des. Admission:
- Applying candidate must hold a graduation degree in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Design/ Architecture.
- Applying Candidate must possess a valid GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CEED 2018 Scorecard as on 1st August 2018.
For M.Mgt Admission:
- Applying candidate must possess a Graduation Degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent from a recognized institute.
- Applying Candidate must possess a valid GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CAT 2017 or GMAT Scorecard.
IISc Admission 2018 Selection Procedure
Scroll down to get the IISc Admission 2018 Selection Procedure.
For UG Courses:
- KVPY: KVPY-SA Students appeared in 2006 and selected for the fellowship. KVPY (SB & SX) Candidates appeared in 2017 and selected for the fellowship. Also, the candidates shortlisted for Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST students.
- JEE Main & Advanced / NEET: Applying candidate appeared in the exam in 2018 and got minimum 60% (for General), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (For SC/ ST/ PH) in the exam.
For PG Courses:
- M.Tech: On the basis of marks scored in GATE 2016/2017/2018.
- M.Des.: On the basis of marks scored in GATE 2016/2017/2018 or CEED 2018 and Design Aptitude test and Interview. Note that the Design Aptitude Test and Interview will be conducted by the Institution.
IISc Admission 2018 Cut-Off
For Admission to IISc, students must score the minimum cut-off marks in the qualifying exam. Indian Institute of Science will announce a separate cut-off marks sheet for the different categories. We are providing the expected IISc Admission 2018 Cut-Off below:
|JEE Main||JEE Advanced/NEET UG (Rank)|
|For JEE Mains|
|KM (Kashmiri Migrants)||200|
|KM (Kashmiri Migrants)||362|
IISc Counselling 2018
All the admission to Indian Institute of Science will be given only after the counseling process. The counseling schedule is not yet released by the Institution, but very soon it will be updated on the official website. For complete schedule and details on IISc Counselling 2018 CLICK HERE.
IISc Fee Structure
Here is the fee structure of the along with the courses available in the university. During the time of admission, students can see the fee structure while applying for the courses and get acknowledged.
|Courses||Duration||Fee Structure (INR)|
|Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Res)||2 year||Rs. 12400|
|Ph.D.||3 year||Rs. 25000/28000|
|Master of Management Studies [MMS]||2 year||Rs. 3,02,000|
|Ph.D. (Management Studies)||3 year||Rs. 59,100|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]||3 year||Rs. 39,900|
|Master of Science [M.Sc] + Ph.D||5 year||Rs. 86,500|
IISc Helpline Number
If any student faces any kind of issue in the above process, then he/ she can call the toll free number of the Institution. All your queries will be resolved here. Note that the toll-free calling service is only available during the working hours of the Institution. View the IISc Helpline Number below:
IISc Helpline Number: +91-80-22932210, +91-80-22933400