IMU CET 2019 Fill Application Form Online
IMU CET 2019 notification – Application form will be available in the last week of March 2019. Indian Maritime University (IMU) allows maritime education, training, and analysis/ studies in the department of marine. IMU coordinates the Common Entrance Test (CET)for the candidate trying admission in the courses offered by IMU University and its related institutions. It offers Under graduation and post graduation programs like B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, etc. in the marine associated disciplines. From this article, students can get details of IMU CET application form 2019, eligibility standards, exam pattern, exam syllabus, and much more about IMU CET 2019 exam.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Dates
Here we are providing exam dates with the help of this candidates can make their schedule for studies and can also make study timetable for the exam and get good preparation status. A preparation provides the better score on the exam.
|Date of commencement of Online Application||The first week of April 2019|
|Last Date to fill Online Application||The second week of May 2019|
|Admit Card Issued||The the third week of May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Exam||The first week of June 2019|
|Result Publication Date||The second week of June 2019|
|Online Counseling Starts||The second week of June 2019|
These all dates are tentative might be a chance of change stay with us here we will bring all latest updates here for you.
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility Standards
If the candidate wants to apply for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test 2019, they have to check their eligibility first and then continue to further process. Here, we are mentioning all the IMU CET eligibility criteria. if you are eligible only than you can fill the form otherwise IMU will disqualify your form.
- Age Limit:The age should be 17 years and maximum age should be 25 years on or before 1st of August 2019.
- Relaxation:There is the relaxation of 5 years for ST/SC/ OBC category applicants.
- Marital Status:Only single applicants can apply for this exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants need to pass class 12 or equivalent exam and B.Sc or BE/B.Tech.
- Subjects: Applicants have to pass class 12 equivalent exam with PCM(Physics, Chemistry, Maths) or B.Sc in PCM, Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants need to obtain least 60% marks (class 12) or not less than 50% marks (B.Sc & BE/B.Tech).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates need to pass class 12 equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass class 12 equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants have to secure least 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants have to clear class 12 equivalent examination.
- Subjects:Aspirants have to qualify class 12 equivalent exam with PCM & English subjects.
- Minimum Marks:Aspirants have to score at least 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- Qualifying Exam: Contestants need to pass Diploma in Engineering.
- Qualifying Exam: Nominees have to pass their bachelor degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants have to get at least 50% marks. Score 50% marks in English Subject in secondary/senior secondary/ UG Degree.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants need to pass their graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Aspirants need to secure least 60% aggregated marks.
NOTE: There will be a 5% leisure in eligibility marks for SC/ST category
- Before applying for this exam, applicants are informed to apply for the passport before taking admission.
- If applicants want to apply to apply for marine courses, they have to show their medical fitness certification by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
- Appearing applicants can also apply but they have to qualify their examination on or before the last week of May 2019.
Applicants, those seek admission to marine courses (DG Shipping-approved courses) have to provide a medical fitness certificate which is approved by the Director General of Shipping. Applicants need to physically fit & meet the medical necessities as specified by DGS guidelines.
Applicants should have good binocular vision. Their vision should be 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately. Applicants joining B. Tech (Marine Engineering) degree course, their eyesight must be unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye.
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
Here we are providing details about IMU CET application form 2019:
- The application form can be filled and submitted by the online process only.
- Candidate can fill and submit the application form from the March 2019.
- Applicants must fill the application form as per the guidelines are given in the information.
- The application fee will be paid by online mode only.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned photograph required documents in the application.
- Candidates are informed to take the print out of the filled application form for further use.
- There is no need to submit the hard copy of the application form to the IMU CET authority.
The application fee will be Rs. 1000 for General category students. SC/ST category students need to pay Rs. 700. Applicants need to make payment by online mode. The application fee can be paid by online. Candidates note down that the application fee is non-refundable in anyhow.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: IMU CET 2019 will be held by online mode.
- Type of Questions: The all question will be of (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: Total 180- 200 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Time Duration: The total time duration of the whole exam is 3 hours (180 Minutes).
- Marking Scheme:Each question provides one mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: no negative marking for the wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
The IMU CET 2019 syllabus is different for UG & PG programs. Competitors, check the syllabus for under graduation & post graduation courses:
For Under Graduation Programmes:
The syllabus of Under Graduation courses will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, Aptitude Test & General Knowledge. The syllabus is based on plus 2 levels (CBSE, ISE & State Boards).
For PG Programmes:
The syllabus of post graduation course consists of MBA & M.Tech Syllabus:
For MBA: The syllabus of an MBA program is as follows: Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
For M.Tech: The syllabus for M.Tech Course is as follows: Mathematics General, Engineering, General Knowledge, English, and Aptitude.
IMU CET 2019 Important Links
IMU CET 2019 Helpline
Candidate can check here IMU helpline number if they find any problem or has any issue regarding IMU exam. They should contact the Indian Maritime University. They will provide the best solution. This way candidate can clear all the issues regarding the IMU CET 2019. Below you can find Help Line number and official address.
Indian Maritime University
East Coast RoadUthandi Chennai
Tamilnadu – 600119
Tel: +91 (44) 2453 0343345