Fill IPS Officer Application Form 2018 Apply Online
The Indian Police Services is a part of the All India Services of Indian Government. In the year 1948, it was formed. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the examination for Indian Police Services. It is conducted each and every year. The Indian Public Service has many departments like Traffic Bureau, Home Guards, Crime Branch and Criminal investigation Department. So, the candidates those are interested and want to become an IPS officer must read important points related to it such as eligibility criteria, how to apply, etc. mentioned below.
Eligibility for IPS Officer Application Form
The candidates who are applying for the IPS, then they must qualify the eligibility criteria:
- Physical Requirement:
- General Candidates:
- Male: 165 cm
- Female: 150 cm
- Reserved Category:
- Male: 160 cm
- Female: 145 cm
- Men: 84 cm
- Women: 79 cm
- Hypemyopia: must not exceed +4.00 D
- Myopia: must not exceed -4.00 D
- Squint in the eyes is not acceptable.
- Candidates with spectacles are allowed.
- General Candidates:
- The candidates must be either one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Educational Qualification:
- Candidates must have completed the graduation degree in any of the discipline.
- It should be from one of the recognized universities of India.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 21 years.
- Maximum age of the candidate must be 30 years.
- Relaxation in the terms of age is offered for reserved category. It will be as follows:
- SC category: 5 years
- ST Category: 5 years
- Defence Service Personnel: 5 years
- The number of attempts is limited. It is different for different categories.
- OBC Category: 7 attempts
- SC Category: unlimited
- ST Category: unlimited
- General Category: 4 attempts
There are three stages for selecting as IPS Officer:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
How to apply for IPS Officer Application Form
The interested candidates will visit www.upsconline.nic.in. After that will click on the tab of Apply Online. Now, they will go for registration process. There will be 2 parts in registration. In the first part of registration, the candidates will fill the details like name, age, address of candidate, email id and phone number. This part will generate the registration ID. Now, second part registration will take place. The candidates use the registration ID to pay the application fees.
Before getting placement, they will have training. As training will be completed, the candidates will sent to the state cadre. Firstly, they will appoint as Assistant Superintendent of Police(ASP). During this scale, they will work in probation period. After completion of this period, they will have Senior Time Scale. After that thay can also have some managerial post like Junior Administrative Grade.