The government education board of Kerala state has announced the Kerala TET 2018 result on 13th December 2018 (Thursday). Candidates who appeared for KTET 2018-2019 can access their result easily by visiting the official website of Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test. As per the RTE Act 2009, each state in the country will conduct the recruitment process for the teachers. The person who will get selected for the post of the teacher must have the essential attitude along with the ability to meet new challenges.
The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is a state eligibility test to evaluate the quality of candidates for teaching in Lower Primary classes, Upper Primary Classes, and High School Classes in the state of Kerala. Through this article, get the complete details on Kerala TET 2018 i.e. online application form & fee, dates, eligibility, result, syllabus & pattern etc.
Kerala TET 2018-2019 Result Announced
All the candidates who appeared for Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test 2018-2019 can download their result by visiting the official portal. To check or download the Kerala TET Result 2018-2019 you need to enter your date of birth, category, registration number etc on the result page. Applying can check below the following instructions to download the Kerala TET 2018-2019 Result.
- First of all visit the official website i.e. https://ktet.kerala.gov.in/.
- Go to the homepage and click on ‘result’.
- Now you need to enter roll number, date of birth etc.
- After click on submit you can view or download your result.
- You can also take a print out of KTET Result 2018 for future use.
KTET Cut-off Marks & Merit List
To qualify the Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test/ KTET 2018-2019 candidates should score minimum 60% marks. All the qualified candidates will be called for the documents verification process. For Kerala TET 2018-2019 documents verification process, shortlisted candidates have to carry the required original documents to the concerned district educational office for the issuance of Kerala TET certificate. To know more about the Kerala TET 2018-2019 result, cut-off marks, merit list, counseling process, required documents, and much more you should visit the official portal.
Kerala TET 2018 Dates (Announced)
The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan has recently announced the Kerala TET 2018 Notification/ Important Dates. Hence, here we are providing you the KTET 2018 Important Dates (Official). As per the official schedule, the Kerala Tet 2018 exam held on 20th October 2018 to 27th October 2018. To know more about the KTET 2018 Important Dates scroll below the article.
|Submission of Online Application from 06/09/2018 to 15/09/2018|
|Downloading Admit Card through the website: 11/10/2018|
|Date of Examinations: 20/10/2018 and 27/10/2018|
|Category||Date of Examination||Duration||Time|
|K-TET I||20/10/2018 – Saturday||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET II||20/10/2018 – Saturday||2.00 pm – 4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET III||27/10/2018 – Saturday||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET IV||27/10/2018 – Saturday||2.00 pm – 4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
Kerala TET 2018 Notification
The Kerala TET 2018 information brochure and official notification is available here and official website of KTET. The application for Kerala TET 2018 is made completely online. Participants who are interested in Kerala TET 2018 are advised to check their eligibility and reservation category etc. by reading this article. Applicants read the information carefully. If they are eligible then fill the application form and submit it before the last date. For more updates connect with this page.
Kerala TET 2018 Application Form
In the state of Kerala, there will be a separate test for different categories. As a result, to select the teachers for different Lower Primary Classes, Upper Primary Classes, and High School Classes, there will be a different test. Apart from these, there will be also a separate test for Language Teachers, Specialist Teachers (Art & Craft) and Physical Education. The candidates can also visit www.keralapareekshabhavan.in and www.scert.kerala.gov.in more information. Candidates can have detailed information in this article.
KTET 2018 Application Fee
- Visit the official website. Hence, candidates will visit the official portal of Pareeksha Bhavan.
- The mode of payment is as follows:
- Net Banking
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- If payment is via Net Banking, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, the applicant will have the transaction ID
- Whereas if payment is through Chalan, he/ she will get the reference number
Only those candidates will access to step 2 who paid the application fees. Now the candidates will apply online either by using Transaction ID or Reference Number. Submit the application form.
Kerala-TET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are four categories in the exam- Category I, Category II, Category III and Category IV. The candidates who will possess the minimum qualification as required in each category are eligible to apply for it. The test is for the following candidates:
- Category I: those candidates who wish to be a teacher of Lower Primary Classes
- The category II: candidates who wish to be a teacher of Lower Primary Classes
- Category III: those candidates who wish to be a teacher of Lower Primary Classes
- The Category IV: candidates who wish to be a teacher of Lower Primary Classes
The candidates can have any one of the following qualifications:
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 45% marks and two years Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC). The TTC must be from the Board of Examination, Government of Kerala
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 45% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- 12th /Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Kerala-TET 2018 Syllabus and pattern
- The candidate will have only one paper for this category
- Applicants will have Multiple Choice Questions only
- There are 150 questions in exam paper
- Each question will have 1 mark.
|S. No.||The content of Exam||Number of MCQs||Marks|
Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6-11)
|2.||The language I- Malayalam/Tamil/Kannada||30||30|
|3.||Language II- Arabic/ English||30||30|
Category II- Upper Primary Classes
- Minimum Qualification:The candidates can have any one of the following qualifications:
- A/B.Sc./B.Com. and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [
- A/B.Sc/B.Com with minimum 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with NCTE
- Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed or B.Sc.Ed
- Structure of Kerala-TET Exam 2018
|S. No.||Particulars||Number of questions||Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 11-14)||30||30|
|(a) For Mathematics and Science teachers: Mathematics and Science or (b) Social Science Teachers: Social Science or (c) For any other teachers (a) or (b)||60||60|
|3.||Language II-(Other than Language I) Malayalam/English||30||30|
Category III- High School Classes
- Minimum Qualification
- BA/ BSc/ B.Com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed. Degree in the concerned discipline
- For Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, and Zoology, those who have M Sc. Ed. Degree in the subject concerned with minimum 50% is eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology subjects, those with MSc.Ed. Degree in Life Science with minimum 50%
- Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Content||Number of questions||Marks|
|1.||Adolescent Psychology, Theories of Learning and Teaching Aptitude||40||40|
|3.||Subject-specific areas (Content & Pedagogy)||80||80|
Qualifying Marks in Kerala TET 2018
- The candidates must have score minimum of 60% to qualify the K-TET 2018
- For different categories, the qualifying marks are different.
- General Category: 60%- 90 marks
- OBC/ SC/ ST Category: 55%- 82 marks
- Ph Candidates: 50% 75 marks
- No negative marking in the exam for wrong answers
Kerala TET 2018 Important Notes
The recent update on Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test is that all the private school teachers also must have to qualify the Teachers Eligibility Test. This rule is only for the government teachers only but now this is applicable to all the private school teachers also. And the Human Resources Development of Ministry has strictly ordered all the state government to implement this rule as soon as possible.
As we know that the central government is working to improve the education system in India. Hence it is necessary to first improve the qualification level of teachers including private school teachers. So that they can provide the better education and guideline to the students.
Kerala TET 2018 Helpline
Here we are providing helpline number for participants support. For any query or any problem, you may contact to the given telephone number or you can also fax on given the fax number and email on the given email address.
Dr. J. Prasad
0471-2341883 / 2340323
Office: [email protected]
Library: [email protected]
For more information about Kerala tet 2018 click here.