National Entrance Screening Test is a National Level Examination test for admissions in 5 years integrated M.Sc. Programme. You can opt M.Sc. programme in Basic Science i.e Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics. NEST 2018 is jointly conducted by National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneshwar and University of Mumbai – Department of UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai. Below in the article, we have provided all the details regarding the NEST 2018 such as NEST 2018 Application Form, NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria, NEST 2018 Exam Pattern, NEST 2018 Dates and much more.
NEST 2018 Dates
NEST 2018 Application form will be started getting filled from 1 January 2018 whereas the exam will be conducted on 2nd June 2018. The complete NEST 2018 Dates are mentioned below:
|Exam Name||NEST 2018|
|Application Form Filling Start Date||1st January 2018|
|Application Form Filling Last Date||5th March 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||25th April 2018|
|NEST Exam Date||2nd June 2018|
|Result Declaration||18th June 2018|
NEST 2018 Application Form
NEST 2018 Application From will be started getting filled from 1st January 2018 until 5th March 2018. The application can be filled through the official website of NEST website. The steps to fill NEST 2018 Application Form is mentioned below:
Fill NEST 2018 Application Form
- Open the official NEST 2018
- Click on Apply for Exam
- Fill the Application Form with all the details correctly checked
- Upload all the scanned documents asked
- Pay the Application Form Fees
- Submit the Application Form
- Download and Take a print of the Acknowledgment Slip for future use
NEST 2018 Application Form Fee
All the applying candidates will have different Application Form fees on the basis of their category. All the NEST 2018 Application Form Fee details are mentioned below in the article.
|Male (General & OBC)||1000|
|Male (Sc/ ST/ PWD)||500|
|Female (All Categories)||500|
NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applying students must meet the minimum Eligibility Criteria of the NEST 2018 to become eligible for the exam. NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- Applying Candidate must have cleared the 10+2 in Science stream from a recognized board with minimum 60% Marks (55% for Sc/ ST/ PWD Candidates).
- Candidates who have appeared in 10+2 in 2016 and 2017 are eligible for the exam.
- Students who are appearing in 12th in 2018 are also eligible for the exam
- Applying General/ OBC candidate must have born on or after 1 August 1998 whereas there is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
- Applicants who are willing to apply as OBC (NCL) must possess a certificate issued on or after 1st June 2017
NEST 2018 Exam Pattern
The Complete NEST 2018 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Sections: 5 sections named General, Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry from which General Section is must for all whereas from the rest student need to attempt any 3 Sections. If Student attempts all the sections then the three sections with highest marks along with General section will be evaluated.
- Maximum Marks: 180
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours
- Marking Scheme: There is no negative marking in General Section whereas all the other sections will possess the negative marking for the wrong answer.
NEST 2018 Admit Card
NEST 2018 Admit Card will be released on 25th April 2018. All the students who have applied for the exam can download the Admit Card through the official website of NEST 2018. The steps to download the NEST 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official NEST website
- Click on link to download Admit Card 2018
- Enter your Registration Number & DOB
- Download the Admit Card and take a print of it
NEST 2018 Result
The official date of NEST 2018 Result declaration is not yet announced. It is expected that the result will be declared in the third week of June 2018. Students can download the NEST 2018 Result through its official website. You can download the Result by entering your roll number and DoB or application and DoB.
NEST 2018 Cut-Off
NEST 2018 Cut-Off will be declared after the result declaration. The cut-off is the minimum marks required to make yourself eligible for the NEST 2018 counseling. The final merit list for counseling will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidate in the Entrance Exam. You can download the NEST 2018 Cut-Off list from its official website.
NEST 2018 Counselling
NEST 2018 Counselling will be conducted in the Offline Mode and students need to appear themselves at the time of counseling. Students need to carry the following documents at the time of the Counselling which are mentioned below:
- 10th and 12th Marksheet
- Birth Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- DD in favor of NISER payable at Bhubaneswar or DD in favor of CBS payable at Mumbai (depending on the location of Counselling)
- OBC-NCL Certificate If applicable
- Disability Certificate, If applicable
- Proof of Indian Citizenship (Only for aboard applicants)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
Note: Students have to bring the original as well as photocopies of these documents at the time of counseling.
NEST Helpline Number
If any student has any query related to NEST 2018 or finding difficulty at any step in the process then he/ she can call the toll free number of the NEST. The toll-free calling service NEST is available during its working hours. For your convenience, the toll-free number of NEST is mentioned below.
NEST Helpline Number: 1800-180-5522