NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 Online Application form
NIFT 2018 Application Form has been released by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. The NIFT offers bachelors and master’s programme in design and fashion technology. The closing of application form submission in the month of December 2017. Through NIFT entrance examination eligible candidate can get Admission in the 16 campuses of NIFT.
In this article, participants can check details regarding NIFT 2018 including the application form, exam pattern, exam dates, Important date, syllabus and exam pattern, Important links, preparation tips etc.
What is NIFT 2018?
NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. NIFT 2018 is entrance exam which is conducted one time in a year. This is a premier institution in fashion education. NIFT Design programmes are – Bachelor of Design (BDes), Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech), Master of Design (MDes), Master of Fashion Management (MFM) and Master of Fashion Technology (MFTech) etc.
NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The upper age limit for UG courses is 23 years as on 1st October 2018.
- 5-year year relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category(SC/ST) participants.
- For PG courses, there is no age limit.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programme Technology
Bachelor of Function Technology (B.FTech.)
- The 10+2 Examination passed of any recognized central/state board of secondary examination.
- General Certificate Education examination(London/ Cambridge/Sri-lanka) at the advanced (A) level with the Physics, chemistry, and mathematics / International Baccalaureate(IB).
- Any public school/ board/ University examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the association of Indian universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with physics, chemistry, and mathematics. or
- 3 or 4 years diploma in any branch of engineering recognized by AICTE or a state board of Technical Education.
Eligibility For Master Programmes-
Eligibility for Master Programme Design
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any institute/ University recognizes by law in India. or
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID. Or
Eligibility for Master Programme- Management(MFM)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institutes/ University recognized by law in India. OR
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT/NID.
Eligibility for Master Programme Technology
- M.F.Tech.(Master of Fashion Technology) B.F.Tech from NIFT
- B.E/B.Tech. from any Institutes/University recognized by law in India.
on the basis of which aspirants can secure admission at NIFT
Reservation Of Seats
|The seats reserved for||Reserved Percentage|
|5% Horizontal reservation|
for Person With Disability
(PWD) (with 40% or more
disability) cutting across
all sections i.e. SCs, STs,
OBCs Non-Creamy and
General category. Campus
and programme will
be allotted on rotation,
at NIFT’s discretion
|State Domicil||20% (Supernumerary)|
NIFT 2018 Admit Card
On the basis of information the NIFT Application Forms, Admit Cards of provisionally eligible applicants will be available to download from www.nift.ac.in or https://admission.net/nift2018 from 9th January 2018 onwards. Candidate should note that admit cards will not be sent by post.
NIFT 2018 Schedule of Written Examination
All UG and PG Programmes will be held on the 21st January 2018.
|10.00 am to|
02.30 pm to
|10.00 am to|
02.30 pm to
|GATE||10.00 am to|
|GATE||10.00 am to|
|GATE||10.00 am to|
NIFT 2018 Counselling
The details of counseling with the mode of counseling, dates, and procedure will be available on the official portal in the month of May / June 2018. Aspirants are advised to regularly check this page for more information.
NIFT 2018 Syllabus
1)Quantitative Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub-test may include questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
2) Communication Ability: This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms, and phrases, correct
3) English Comprehension: This subtest aims to test the candidate’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage, and test of basic English language
4) Analytical Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s capacity for the ability of inference and logic from the given information.
5) General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
NIFT 2018 Important Dates
NIFT 2018 important date like commencement date of online application form, last date, exam dates are given below the table.
|Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Commencement of Online Application||20th October 2017|
|Closing of Application Form Submission||29th December 2017|
|Last date of online registration with the late fee of Rs. 5000/-||2nd January 2018|
|Application Correction Starts||30th December 2017 (12:00 Noon) to 2nd January 2018 (04:00 PM)|
|Downloading of NIFT 2018 Admit Card||9th January 2018 (1:00 PM)|
|Exam Date||21st January 2018|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||February/March 2018|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||April-May 2018|
|Final Result Declaration||May/June 2018|
List Of Examination Centers
17 Kannur (Kerala)
32 Srinagar (J&K)
How to Apply for NIFT Entrance Exam 2018
Interested students can fill the NIFT application form 2018. follow the given steps to fill the application form.
- First, visit the official portal i.e. http://nift.ac.in/
- Click on the link and then search the apply here.
- Read the instructions carefully to fill the NIFT 2018 application form.
- Fill your personal and academic details to log in.
- To apply online fill student name, date of birth, category, email id, programme type, programme applied for, etc. And recheck the application form.
- Now, click on the submit button. then, Click on the next button.
- Select the mode of payment and pay the application fee.
- Note down your reference number for further use.
- Take a printout of the application form for further use.
Important Links for NIFT 2018