PGIMER 2019: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility & Exam Pattern
PGIMER 2019 a national level exam will be organized for providing admission to the MD/MS & DM/M.Ch/MHA courses. These courses are offered by the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. The university conducts this examination two times in a year, i.e. January & July Session. The admission to these courses will be done on the basis of all India merit. In this article, candidates can get complete information about PGIMER 2019 including the application form, exam dates, eligibility, etc.
PGIMER Exam Date 2019
For the ease of our candidates, we are providing the tentative dates of PGIMER 2019 examinations:
For January Session:
|MD/MS Courses||DM/M.Ch/MHA Courses|
|Admission Notice Released||September 2018||September 2018|
|Online Registration Starts||1st week of October 2018||2nd week of October 2018|
|Last Date for Applications Submission & Generation of Challan forms/payment from i-collect||Last week of October 2018||2nd week of November 2018|
|Admit Card Release||2nd week of November 2018||1st week of December 2018|
|Date of Exam||4th week of November 2018||3rd week of December 2018|
|Result Declaration||4th week of November 2018||3rd week of December 2018|
|Date of Clinical/Practical Exam||–||3rd week of December 2018|
|Counselling Date||3rd week of December 2018||3rd week of December 2018|
PGIMER 2019 Application Form
Candidates through this section can get application date, mode & other details:
- Candidates can fill the application only through online modefrom the website. There will be no other mode to apply for these courses.
- PGIMER Registration 2019 (January Session) will be started from the first week of October 2018(MD/MS) & second week of October 2018 (DM/M.Ch/MHA).
- Last date for PGIMER online registration 2019 will be till last week of October 2018 (MD/MS) & second week of November 2018 (DM/M.Ch/MHA).
- At the time of form filling, candidates have to upload their scanned photographin a JPEG format. Size of the image should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidates should take the print copy of the filled application for further process.
- Foreign National candidates MUST write three choices of subjects on the printed application form.
- FN & Sponsored category candidates have to submit the application along with required documents at least 15 days before the commencement of the examination to the given address:
Academic Section PGIMER,
- Candidates, those apply for MD/MS & MHA courses, they have to pay Rs. 800 (SC/ST) & Rs. 1000 (for all other categories).
- PwD candidates, those apply for the MD/MS course, they are exempted from the application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000 (For DM/M.Ch courses).
- Only offline mode fee payment is accepted.
- The Challan form will be required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination).
PGIMER Eligibility 2019
Before filling the application form, candidates should check the eligibility criteria:
For MD/MS Courses:
- Qualifying Exam:Must pass the MBBS examination from the MCI recognized University/Institution.
- Internship:Candidates should complete on year rotator internship training on or before 31stDecember 2018 (January session)/31st June 2019 (July session).
- Candidates should register with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
For DM/M.Ch Courses:
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates must pass MD/MS or its equivalent examination from the MCI recognized university.
- Candidates must register with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
- Age Limit: The age limits of different category candidates are given below. Candidates should complete the given age on/before 31stDecember 2018 (Jan session) & 30th June 2019 (July session).
|SC/ST, Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO||40 years|
|Deputed/Sponsored||No age limit|
PGIMER Exam Pattern
The exam pattern details for both the courses are given below:
For MD/MS Courses:
- Exam Mode:The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- Number of Questions:In the theory examination, total 250 questions will be asked.
- Type of Questions:The question paper will be of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Exam Duration:The examination will be of three hours.
- Correct Responses:For each question, one or more of the five options will be correct.
- Negative Marking:There will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
For DM/M.Ch Courses:
- Mode of Exam:The examination will be held in offline mode.
- Parts:The theory examination will be comprised of a paper with two parts (Part 1: General & Part 2: Specialty), each with 40 marks.
- Type of Questions:In the examination, multiple choice type questions will be asked.
- Duration:The examination will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Responses:In Part 1, each question has four options and a single most appropriate response will be correct & in Part 2, each question has five options and single/multiple correct responses will be correct.
- Marking Scheme:In Part 1, one mark will be given for the correct answer.
- Negative Marking:There will be no negative marking in Part 1.
PGIMER Preparation Tips
- As a part of good preparation candidates must have to solve last 5 to 10 years question papers of the PGIMER examination with proper explanation.
- Focus on important concepts & try to revise them regularly.
- Keep discussing important topics & tough concepts/facts with your teachers & seniors.
- For studies, given your 6 to 8 hours per day in each subject & section.
- Candidates also solve sample papers to score good marks in the examination.
- Maintain your health also. Avoid junk foods & other things to keep fit & healthy.
PGIMER Admit Card 2019
Candidates will get their admit card in the second week of November 2018 (MD/MS) & the first week of December 2018 (DM/M.Ch/MHA).
PGIMER 2018 admit card will be issued only through online mode. There will be no other mode (post or email) to send the admit card.
Candidates will download it through login by entering their application number, password & security key.
Candidates will be allowed to enter into the examination hall only on the production of admit card.
PGIMER Results 2019
The result will be declared by the university through online mode. Candidates will be able to view their results in the fourth week of November 2018.
PGIMER 2019 result can be checked by the candidates by filling their roll number & date of birth.
The university will also release rank wise & a category wise list of selected candidates for counselling.
The overall merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentile scores obtained by the candidates in the theory examination.
Percentile scores various categories for MD/MS courses are given here:
|Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed||55|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50|
PGIMER Admission 2019
After the result announcement, candidates should wait for the counselling notification. It will be released in the first week of December.
The counselling will be conducted by the university through offline mode. It will be held in four rounds.
Candidates will appear in the first round counselling in the 3rd week of December 2018. It will be organized on the university campus.
Candidates should pay the admission fee at the time of counselling by CASH. The admission fee will be Rs. 2485.
The allocation of seats for various disciplines in MD/MS courses will be done on the basis of personal counselling which are strictly in order of merit.
In case, candidates will not get the subject of his/her choice in the 1st round counselling, they will attend the 2nd/3rd/4th round of counselling.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling:
- Class 10thPassing Certificate
- MBBS Mark Sheet
- MBBS Internship Certificate
- Category Certificate
- MCI Registration Certificate
- Print copy of Filled Application Form (Paste Photograph on it).
- Photo ID Proof
- Experience Certificate (If applicable)
- Age/Date of Birth Certificate
- Fresh OBC Certificate
For more information Click Here