Here is good news for all the Xth passed Single Girl Child students and the news is that the CBSE has announced a scholarship plan for them. CBSE has made the announcement for all the single girl child of their parents passed 10th class from CBSE school with minimum 60%/ 6.2 CGPA can apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 on or before the 15th October 2018 (extended). This is a great initiative by the government to support and recognize the efforts made by the parents in promoting the girl education.
Below in this article, we are providing you the complete information regarding the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19. We will inform you about the SGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply for SGC Scholarship, SGC Scholarship Selection Procedure, Important Dates, Result, Cut-off Marks, Merit List, Helpline/ Toll-free Number, Amount, and much more.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 Notification
The Central Board of Secondary Education has announced the notification regarding the Scholarship for the class 10th Single Girl Child of their parent and studying in the school affiliated to CBSE. Girls who have passed the class 10th in 2018 and now, studying in class 11th can apply for this scholarship. Also, note that the candidate should be the ONLY CHILD of their parent and that too a girl. Scroll below for the complete information regarding the Class 10th SGC Scholarship 2018.
The Last date to Fill the online application form for CBSE Single Girl Child (SGC) Scholarship 2018-19 has been extended up to 15th October 2018 and the last date to submit the hard copy of renewal form is extended up to 15th November 2018. The Single girl candidates who have passed 10th can fill the fresh application form and students passed in 2017 can apply online for renewal.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 Dates
Here are the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 important dates which you have to keep in your mind. As on the official website, the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 official notification and important dates have been uploaded hence, here we are providing you the official dates (extended). To know more about the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 Important Dates (Official) go to the table mentioned below.
|Name of Scholarship||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship/ CBSE SGC Scholarship 2018-19|
|Mode to Apply||Online|
|Last Date to Apply||15th October 2018|
|Last to send the hard copy||15th November 2018|
CBSE Girl Child Scholarship Updates
As we know that in India, there is a very less percentage of education of Girls which is really a matter of concern. The SGC Scholarship is provided to help those girls who are leaving their study only because of lack of money. This scholarship will be really helpful to them. The CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 online application form is available online on the official website. Visit the official website of CBSE for this application.
Eligibility Criteria for SGC Scholarship 2018-19
- Applying candidate should be the ONLY Girl child of their parent.
- Candidate should have passed class 10th in 2018 and is continuing her studies in the coming consecutive years.
- Only Girl Child should be studying in the school affiliated to CBSE whose tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 p.m. and in the next two years, the total enhancement should not be more than 10% of the tuition fee applied in the applying year.
Note: NRI Students of CBSE Schools can also apply but should not have tuition fees more than Rs 6000 p.m.
- Candidate should have 60%/ 6.2 CGPA in the class Xth examination and should be studying in class XIth or XIIth.
- Applying candidate should be an Indian.
SGC Scholarship 2018-19 Selection Procedure
To get selected for any scholarship is not an easy task. For your convenience, we have mentioned the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Procedure. Go through the selection procedure and fulfill all the requirements.
- Should have passed class 10th and secured 60%/ 6.2 CGPA in the 10th Examination.
- Is studying in XIth or XIIth in CBSE affiliated school and only girl child of their parent.
- The original affidavit should be attested by First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/ Notary as mentioned on the board’s website. (No Photocopy)
- An application form should be attested by the School Principal in which you are studying.
- Tuition Fee should not be more than Rs 1500 p.m. in class Xth and maximum enhancement of 10% in Class XIth and XIIth.
How to Apply for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19
To apply for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19, kindly follow the steps mentioned below in the manner they are numbered.
- Go the official website of the board cbse.nic.in.
- Go to the latest updates section and choose CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018.
- Click on Apply Here and enter your roll number and certificate no. (As printed on the class X grade sheet).
- Now, fill the application form carefully and submit the application form.
- Note the registration number for future reference.
- Print the undertaking, paste your photograph and get it attested by the school.
- Prepare an affidavit as prescribed in the guidelines.
- Scan both the documents and convert the image to JPG format and size less than 1MB. Then upload the two documents on cbse.nic.in.
- After successful upload of documents, download the confirmation page.
- Fill and sign on the confirmation page and send it to
CBSE, Shiksha Kendra,
2 Community Centre,
Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 Renewal
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is renewed after a period of one year that is after passing class XIth. The scholarship can only be renewed if the girl is studying in CBSE affiliated school in class XIth and has passed the class with minimum 50% or more aggregate marks. Attendance and good conduct are also important aspects of the scholarship.
Result & Cut-off for SGC Scholarship 2018
The conducting authority of CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 will announce the result & cut-off marks and upload it on its official website. All the applicants who will apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 can check the result by visiting the official website. After the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19 result declaration, the authority will prepare a list, and all the girl candidates will get payment through the bank account.
If any student faces any issue or problem in filling the Single Girl Child Scholarship form, then he/ she can call the toll free number of CBSE. For your comfort, we have mentioned the Single Girl Child Scholarship toll-free number.
CBSE Scholarship toll-free number: 011-22509256, 22509257, 22509258, 22509259, 1800-11-8002
For more details on CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2018-19, Click Here.