Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences conducts entrance exam for admission to M.Sc., M.Sc.(Nursing) and MPT Courses. Therefore, all the students who want to take admission into these courses at SVIMS must appear in its Entrance Exam. SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form will start filling from 6th May 2018. So, through this article, we are providing you all the details on SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 such as Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Admit Card, Result, Cut-off Marks, Counseling Dates, Merit List, Required Documents, Helpline/ Toll-free Number etc.
SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 Dates (Official)
Probably the SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 is going to get held on 20th June 2018. So, scroll down and get the complete SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 Dates Curriculum below:
Who can apply
|Starting Date||Closing Date|
|1||MBBS (Merit category) – 127 seats|
1. Intermediate examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto with optional subjects of botany, zoology, physics, chemistry & English securing not less than 50% marks.
2. Merit in the NEET exam conducted by CBSE.
3. Satisfying the residential status in A.P / Telangana state.
|Will be notified and admissions are made by Dr. NTRUHS, Vijayawada|
|MBBS NRI / NRI Sponsored category – 23 seats||In addition to the above, the NRI parent / NRI sponsor shall fulfill the criteria as mentioned in the prospectus.||-do-|
|2||P.G.Medical (MD) – 39 seats|
1. MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed the internship
2. Merit in the NEET PG exam.
1. 50% All India quota will be filled by Medical Council Committee, DGHS, Govt. of India. For details visit www.mcc.nic.in
2. 50% State quota will be filled by Dr. NTR UHS with SVU Region Candidates as per G.O.MS.No.129, dt: 08-08-2013. For details visit http:// ntruhs.ap.nic.in
|3||DM/MCh courses – 27 seats|
1. MD/MS/DNB from a Medical college/ Institution recognized by MCI.
2. Merit in the NEET – SS exam.
|–||–||The seats will be filled by Medical Council Committee, DGHS, Govt. of India. For details visit www. mcc.nic.in|
|4||N.C Gupta Pulmonary Fellow|
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates at National level for 1 seat.
Eligibility: MD (Medicine) / MD (TB&RD)/ DTCD/ DM (Pulmonology)
Fellowship certificate courses
Surgical Gastroenterology, Cardiac anesthesia, Neuro anesthesia, Critical Care Anaesthesia, Head & Neck Oncology, (Surgical Oncology) Nephrology, Endocrinology, CT Surgery
|6||Certificate courses for Medical Graduates (Emerg. Med.- 4 seats, Basics of Dialysis Management- 2 seats||MBBS from a medical college recognized by MCI and registered with AP Medical Council||16-05-18||30-06-18|
|7||Ph.D. Programme||Will be notified soon.||–||–||Will be notified soon|
|8||a. B.Sc Nursing – 100 seat|
b. BPT– 50 seat
c. B.Sc. (AHS) – 65 seats
(in 9 specialties)
d. DRT – 4 seats
1. 10+2 with Science (PCB) & English with the aggregate of 45% marks.
2. Inter with optional subjects of MPC are eligible for B.Sc (NMT) & DRT courses.
3. Intermediate vocational bridge course with Biology & Physical Sciences. (For details refer prospectus)
|9||M.Sc (Nursing) – 30 seats|
1. B.Sc. nursing/ B.Sc. Hons. nursing/ post basic B.Sc. nursing with the minimum of 55% aggregate marks recognized by INC.
2. Minimum one year of work experience.
3. Merit in the entrance test conducted by SVIMS.
|10.||MPT – 15 seats||Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) from a recognized institute and completed internship.||16-05-18||30-06-18|
|11.||M.Sc. (Medical) – Anatomy & Physiology – 2 seats each||B.Sc. with life sciences with Chem., Zoology as one of the optional subjects or MLT or BPT|
|12.||M.Sc. (Medical) – Biochemistry & Microbiology – 3 seats each||B.Sc. with life sciences with Chem., Zoology as one of the optional subjects or B.Sc. with MLT|
|13.||M.Sc. Biotechnology – 15 seats||B.Sc with Biotech., Bioinf., Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry as one of the optional subjects or – B. Pharm / B. Tech. in Biotechnology or Bio-informatics.|
|14.||M.Sc. Bioinformatics – 15 seats||B.Sc with Biotech., Bioinfor., Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry as one of the optional subjects or – B.Pharm / B.Tech in Biotech., or Bioinfor., – B.Sc Physics or Chemistry with computer science as one of the optional|
|15.||P.G. Diploma Medical Records|
Science (MRSc) – 08 seats
|16.||M.Sc. Echocardiography – 01 seat||B.Sc in ECG & CVT or B.Sc with 2 year PG|
Dip. in ECG & CVT
|M.Sc. Cardiac Catheterization Intervention Technology – 01 seat|
|17.||M.Sc. Dialysis Technology (DT) – 02 seats||B.Sc in Dialysis Technology|
1. Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Programme Cardiac Intensive Care and Cath. Lab. Nsg. – 5 seats
2. CT surgery nursing – 5 seats
3. Peritoneal Dialysis Nursing – 2 seats
4. Hemo Dialysis Nursing – 2 seats
5. Renal Transplantation Nursing – 2 seats
|Note: The candidates are eligible for admission who are fulfilling the local and Non-local status as indicated in G.O.P No.646 Education (E2) Dept. dt 10.07.79 and amended from time to time applicable to Non-state-wide Universities and Educational Institutions (copy of the G.O is available in the Institute’s website).|
Application Form and Fee
Students can fill the SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form from 6th May 2018. Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences will release the Application Form through the official website. Students have three options in which they can apply for Admission.
First, students can visit the campus of University and collect the SVIMS Application Form 2018 by paying the application fees (Rs 500/-). Second, Students can write a request application and post it to the University address along with the DD of Rs 550/- drawn in favor of The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati.
Third, Students can apply for the application form through the official website. You can download the application form through the official website. Now fill it with all the details. Send the duly filled application form along with the DD of Rs 500/- in favor of The Director, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati.
SVIMS Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
Applying Candidate must fulfill the Eligibility Criteria set by the SVIMS. The eligibility criteria vary course by course. So, view the complete SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria below:
- Applying Candidate should have completed the B.Sc. nursing/ B.Sc. Hons. nursing/ post basic B.Sc. nursing with the minimum of 55% aggregate marks recognized by INC.
- Also, the candidate should possess minimum of one year of work experience.
- Applying Candidate should have completed the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) from a recognized institute and completed the internship.
M.Sc. (Medical) – Anatomy & Physiology
- The candidate has completed the B.Sc. with life sciences with Chemistry, Zoology as one of the optional subjects or MLT or BPT.
M.Sc. (Medical) – Biochemistry & Microbiology
- The Candidate has completed the B.Sc. with life sciences with Chemistry, Zoology as one of the optional subjects or B.Sc. with MLT.
- Applying Student has completed the B.Sc with Biotechnology, Bio-informatics, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry as one of the optional subjects or B. Pharm/ B. Tech. in Biotechnology or Bio-informatics.
- Applying Candidate should have completed the B.Sc with Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry as one of the optional subjects or B.Pharm/ B.Tech in Biotechnology or Bioinformatics, B.Sc Physics or Chemistry with computer science as one of the optional subject.
- Completed B.Sc in ECG & CVT or B.Sc with 2 year PG Diploma in ECG & CVT.
M.Sc.Dialysis Technology (DT)
- Completed B.Sc in Dialysis Technology.
SVIMS Entrance Exam Pattern 2018
View the complete SVIMS Entrance Exam Pattern 2018 below:
- Total Number of Questions: 100 Questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Time Duration: 1 Hour 30 Minutes (90 Minutes)
- Language: English
- Marking Scheme: +1 for every correct answer whereas there is no negative marking.
Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
The Admit Card for the SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 will be out in the first week of June 2018. Students can download the admit card from its official website. You can access the Admit Card through your Application Number and DoB. Also, note that if there is any mistake in printing the details on Admit Card. In that situation, you must call the toll free number of the University and get your problem resolved.
SVIMS Entrance Exam Result
The official date of result declaration is not yet announced by the conducting body. But most probably the result will be out in the last week of June 2018. Students can download their result through the official website. Scroll down and follow the below steps in the same manner.
- Open the official website of SVIMS.
- Now, click on the link to Result 2018.
- Enter your Name, Roll Number, and DoB.
- Submit and download the Result.
SVIMS Cut-Off and Counselling
There will be two cut-off lists which the University will release. First one the provisional and the other the official one. There will be a gap of 1 week between the provisional and final merit list declaration. Only on the basis of this list, the counseling will be conducted.
The official Counselling schedule is not out yet, but most probably the counseling will start in the last of July 2018. Students are advised to visit the official website regularly to get all the updates on Counselling 2018. For more information on this CLICK HERE.
SVIMS Helpline Number
If any issue is faced in the above process by any student, then he/ she can call the toll free number of the university. For your Convenience, we are providing the SVIMS Helpline Number below.
SVIMS Helpline Number: 0877-2287777, 2286126
For more details about the SVIMS Entrance Exam 2018 Click Here.