Central Board of Secondary Education conducts the UGC National Eligibility Test (NET). UGC NET 2018 is conducted for the eligibility check of candidates for Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor both. UGC NET is conducted is conducted only once per year.
Through this article, we are providing all the details about UGC NET 2018 such as UGC NET 2018 Application Form, UGC NET 2018 Admit Card, UGC NET 2018 Result and much more.
UGC NET 2018 Dates Announced
The official notification for UGC NET 2018 has been released. Students must check out for the important UGC NET 2018 Dates below on the table. Here, we are providing you with the official dates for UGC NET 2018.
According to the latest notification of UGC NET, Entrance Test will be held on 8th July 2018. And all the eligible candidates those are willing to appear for UGC NET they can apply online form 6th March 2018 to 5th April 2018.
|Event Name||UGC NET 2018|
|Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Notification Release Date||1st February 2018|
|Application Form Release Date||6th March 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application Form||5th April 2018|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2018|
|UGC NET 2018 Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Result Declaration||July 2018|
UGC NET 2018 Application Form
CBSE has announced the official dates. Students can fill the UGC NET 2018 Application Form from 6th March 2018 until 5th April 2018. So, all the students can fill the UGC NET 2018 Application Form through the CBSE NET website. Note that Aadhar Card is compulsory for filling the Application Form. Scroll down to view the steps to fill UGC NET 2018 Application Form:
- Open the official web portal of CBSE NET 2018.
- Now, click on the link to fill Application Form on the homepage.
- The application form will open in the new tab. So, fill the application form with all the details correctly.
- Now, upload the necessary documents such as Photograph, Signature etc.
- Pay/ deposit the application form fees and click on submit.
- Save and take a print of the acknowledgment slip for future reference.
UGC NET 2018 Application Form Fees
Different Categories will have different Application Form Fees. View the complete details on UGC NET 2018 Application Form Fees below:
- General: Rs 1000/-
- OBC-NCL: Rs 500/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs 250/-
UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET 2018 for different courses is different. So, you need to check the complete UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria below:
- Applying candidate must possess Master’s degree or equivalent from the UGC recognized University or Institution.
- Applying candidate must have passed the qualifying examination in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- The percentage of marks required in the qualifying examination is 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Final Year appearing students in the Master’s degree are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- 5% relaxation in the qualifying examination is given to the Ph.D. degree holders whose master’s level examination was completed by 19th September 1991.
UGC NET 2018 Exam Pattern
Get the complete knowledge about the UGC NET 2018 Exam Pattern below.
- Mode of Exam: Offline Mode (Pen-Paper Test)
- Total Questions: 185 Questions divided into three sections/ papers.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Mode of Language: Hindi or English
- Marking Scheme: +2 for every correct answer. There is no negative marking in the paper.
UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
Central Board of Secondary Education will release the UGC NET 2018 Admit Card in the month of June 2018. The Admit Card will be available on the official website for download. So, all the students can download the Admit Card from there. View the steps to download Admit Card below:
- Open the official website of CBSE NET.
- Now click on download Admit Card.
- Enter your Application Number and DoB.
- Save and take a print of the Admit Card.
UGC NET 2018 Result
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Result will be out in the month of July 2018. CBSE is going to declare the Result through the official web portal of CBSE NET. Therefore, all the students are advised to download the Result from there. You can access your result through your Roll Number and DoB.
UGC NET 2018 Cut-Off
All the students who are seeking admission through UGC NET must score the minimum marks. The official UGC NET 2018 Cut-Off is not yet announced by the Board. The cut-off marks will be out soon after the result declaration. For more details on UGC NET 2018 Cut-Off CLICK HERE.
UGC NET 2018 Helpline Number
If any student faces any kind of issue, then he/ she can call the toll free number of the CBSE NET. The toll-free number of CBSE NET is mentioned below for you.
CBSE NET 2018 Helpline Number: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526